A typical dessert of Sardinian cuisine, my second home, so much at home on holidays traditions mingle bells and Sardinian suckling pig at Christmas time, the endives Neapolitan pizza, the pan’e sapa and rococo, in short see the Juno and the other 🙂
The pan ‘and Sapa is a divine goodness made with cooked wine, rich in nuts, almonds, walnuts, dried figs, then brushed with sapa, that is, cooked wine, flavored ..
Usually we buy the sapa in Sardinia, last year my father made it home, it takes 5 liters of wine per 1 liter of Sapa, the wine is left to boil for 5 hours with orange peel, cinnamon I added cloves .. is delicious and fragrant!
Like every year it can not miss Christmas! My mother always force myself to do it: D she makes a version for a regiment, very big say about 20 people! but will keep for days that if there’s no problem!
The recipe is from my mother, my grandmother passed down by tradition, and very good!
Ricetta: Pan and sapa, Sardinian cake
- The doses are for a cake of about 25 cm ..
- 200 grams of flour
- 1 large egg
- 50 grams of walnuts
- 50 grams of almonds
- 50 grams of raisins
- 50 grams of chopped hazelnuts
- 50 grams of dried figs
- 50 grams of candy
- 125 ml of Sapa (alternatively a wine liqueur)
- orange peel and lemon zest
- 1 packet of tasty (mixture of spices with cinnamon)
- milk if needed
- Turn the oven to 180 °
- Combine the egg and sugar until creamy, if you need to add a few tablespoons of sugar and milk ..
- Combine all ingredients Sapa and, most recently the yeast ..
- Grease a baking dish and pour the mixture
- Bake for about 40 minutes ..
- Remove from oven and brush with Sapa and decorate with dried figs .. sprinkle with colored tails or balls …
- It is eaten cold, it’s great the next day.
- Bon appetit …..
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Copyright © Vickyart.