Campanelle in creamy herb and citrus salad dressing: Here at The Big Dream Factory, we endeavor to create real Italian pasta. We then take inspiration from around us here in Florida and add ingredients we can find locally. This is how we came to make our campanelle (gigli) pasta with fresh lemon zest and juice. It came out so well and is one of the most popular pastas on our menu.
When it comes to showing off our pasta, we try and choose a flavor favorite of the season and on this particular occasion it was lemon. We gathered fresh herbs from around The Farm and combined them with lime and mayonnaise to make this refreshing, homemade and homegrown pasta salad. An absolute winner and we think you will agree.
The next campanelle in creamy herb and citrus salad dressing dish we make, we will be adding a little heat to the mix with some hot chilli pepper.
Ingredients for 4 – 6
- 250 grams Pasta Nostra Lemon Gigli Campanelle pasta for salad
- Juice and zest of 2 small to medium lime
- 1 clove garlic, finely crushed
- 50 mls mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chive leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and run under cold, running water to stop it cooking further, then drain again. Toss the pasta in the olive oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, bring all of the other ingredients together and combine well.
- Check the seasoning before adding the pasta and mixing well.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for up to 1 hour before serving.