I’m Italian and I love pasta. I eat it almost every day. Cooking pasta is not difficult, but it is necessary to follow some simple rules. So….I want to show you how to cook pasta correctly. Al dente….of course!!!
First of all it is important to remember that there are different types of pasta: long or short, flat or ridged, thin or thick, with eggs or not.
Every type of pasta has got a different cooking time that is always suggested on the package.
The amount of pasta per one person can be 80/100 grams.
Here the steps to cook pasta “al dente”!
1) Fill a large and tall pot with natural water and put a lid on (to make water boil faster). If you want to reduce the time you can use hot water.
2) Place the pot on the stove over high heat.
3) When the water begins to boil, remove the lid and throw in a few sizeable pinches of coarse salt. Let it dissolve before adding your pasta. DO NOT COVER the pot with the lid anymore.
4) Stir frequently your pasta with a long spoon during the first minutes to prevent it from sticking. Then stir it occasionally till the end of the cooking process.
5) When your pasta is ready (check every now and then), drain it into a colander. Remember that “al dente pasta” is still hard in the centre. DO NOT RINSE your pasta under running water.
ON THE OTHER HAND…..if you want to prepare a COLD PASTA SALAD, rinse the drained pasta under cold running water to stop the cooking process.