The buckwheat flour ravioli with walnuts
The Christmas period is one of the large family gatherings with “dinners” almost endless, larded with traditional dishes. Here in Lazio (the Italian region where it is Rome) ravioli have always said a flat “lean”, that are usually stuffed with vegetables and cheese, no meat, to be prepared the Christmas Eve. In my review of the traditional cuisine, they are prepared with buckwheat flour and walnuts. Click for a translation into Italian: Click me 🙂
Recipe: Buckwheat flour Ravioli with walnuts
Summary: The buckwheat flour ravioli with walnuts, are an interpretation of typical traditional recipes of Lazio without meat for celebrations and Eve.
- 2.12 Oz. Buckwheat fluor
- 7 Oz flour 00
- 2 eggs
- 2 yolks
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sale q.s.
- 3,6 Oz chopped walnuts
- 1 pinch of parsley
- 14 Oz boiled potatoes
- 7 Oz grated Parmesan cheese
- la tip of a spoon black pepper
- Mix together the flours in a large bowl.
- Make a hole in the middle, add the eggs and a pinch of salt abundant.
- Combine the oil.
- Let’s start working the dough with a fork until it is consistent enough that it can be worked with the hands.
- Move the dough on the work surface and continue working up to make a smooth ball.
- Roll out the dough thin.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the stuffed, we will mix the boiled potatoes pureed, the chopped walnuts, parsley and parmesan.
- Cut out the pastry disks of 2 cm in diameter, in equal numbers, to make ravioli. (If you do not have the mold, use a small glass dipping the edge in flour every time).
- Fill half of the diskettes with the stuffed.
- We cover each diskettes with a second diskettes, after having dampened the edges of both.
- We close by pressing with your fingers or with a floured fork.
- Should be cooked in boiling water for 5-7 minutes, but we understand that they are cooked because they float.
If you have a mixer, put all the ingredients, then let the dough rest 30 minutes before you roll it out with a special machine. My apologies in case of translation errors, report them and I will correct them. 🙂
Here you can find other recipes translated into English click me 🙂
You can make stuffed with vegetables and chopped meat to taste. Instead of Parmesan cheese you can use the gorgonzola, the castelmagno or other soft cheese.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 5/7 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings: 8
Calories: 1026 (per serving )
My rating 5 stars: ★★★★★