Spaghetti with fresh tomatoes and basil is an easy and tasty first course, cooking by many Italians, but firstly by my sweet mom (Salerno, Italy).
Here you can find the full video, the recipe and all the instructions how to cook this dish, including some very useful tips to make your job more appetizing (Italian style ;-).
In the video you can check all the salient passages, the result is below in the photos I have posted for you.
If you need suggestions, leave a comment in the form you find at the end of the article.
Daisy 🐕🦺🐕🦺(my assistant chef) is always with me in the kitchen. She is the official taster of my recipes 🙂 every Thursday we will share many other recipes with you.
Subscribe to our youtube channel and Buon Appetito!!!
- DifficoltàMolto facile
- CostoMolto economico
- 400 gspaghetti
- 500 gfresh tomatoes
- Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 2Garlic cloves
- fresh basil
1. Cut the fresh tomatoes (I use ciliegino or datterino)
2. Crush 2 pcs of garlic and let it brown in the pan for two minutes with 4-5 tablespoon of olive oil 2min (pay attention: the olive oil must completely cover the garlic – watch in the video this operation – link below)
3. Add the fresh tomatoes in the pan. After 1 min you can add the salt and stir (the salt help to release the special tomatoes sauce)
If the tomatoes are too acid you can add a little of sugar
4. Add water in a pot and when it starts to boil put the salt
5. Remuve the garlic from the tometo sauce
6. Cover and cook for 10min and stir from time to time
7. The pasta should be drained when it is still a little bit hard
8. Put the pasta directly in the pot with the tomato sauce and add the fresh basil
9. Add a little bit of pasta water and stir with the sauce and complete to cook it 2min (this is an important phases)
10. Plate the spaghetti and add parmigiano reggiano and fresh basil
Hello I’m Daisy the assistant Chef ;-). See you with the next recipe.