Sweet potato & lentil soup
By BBC Good Food
Satisfying and simple to make, homemade soup is a great supper or take-to-work lunch.
Ingredients Sweet potato & lentil soup
- 2 tsp medium curry powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, grated
- 1 eating apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 20 gr pack coriander, stalks chopped
- thumb-size piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 800 gr sweet potatoes
- 1.2 l low-sodium vegetable stock
- 100 gr red lentils
- 300 ml milk
- juice 1 lime
Method Sweet potato & lentil soup
- Put the curry powder into a large saucepan, then toast over a medium heat for 2 mins. Add the olive oil, stirring as the spice sizzles in the pan.
- Tip in the onions, apple, garlic, coriander stalks and ginger, season, then gently cook for 5 mins, stirring every so often.
- Meanwhile, peel, then grate the sweet potatoes. Tip into the pan with the stock, lentils, milk and seasoning, then simmer, covered, for 20 mins.
- Blend until smooth using a stick blender. Stir in the lime juice, check the seasoning and serve, topped with roughly-chopped coriander leaves.