By Sarah Cook (BBC Good Food)
These slices of zesty lemony goodness are hard to resist.
For the slice base
- 175 gr plain flour
- 50 gr ground rice
- 85 gr golden caster sugar
- 140 gr cold butter, diced
- 1 tbsp milk
For the lemon topping
- zest 3 lemons, plus 200ml/7fl oz juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3 eggs
- 200 gr caster sugar
- 25 gr flour
- icing sugar, to dust
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line a 21 or 22cm square, shallow baking tin with baking parchment. Put the flour, ground rice and sugar in a bowl with the butter and rub in until fine crumbs form.
- Stir in the milk with a cutlery knife. Tip into the tin and press down evenly. Bake for 15-20 mins until golden.
- Remove the tin and lower oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Mix the lemon juice and eggs, then sieve into a bowl with the sugar, flour and zest.
- Whisk to combine, pour over the base, then bake for 10-15 mins until the top is just set. Cool in the tin, dust with icing sugar, then slice.