Grilled ham, egg & spiced oven chips
By Good Food (BBC Good Food)
Make the most of leftover mash with these superhealthy fishcakes.
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- In a small saucepan cover the cod with cold water and gently poach for 3-4 mins until just cooked through.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and pat dry.
- Flake into a medium bowl with the prawns, potato and most of the chives, lemon zest and some seasoning.
- Shape into 4 even-size cakes and chill for 10 mins.
- Dip each cake in the beaten egg, then coat in the breadcrumbs, repeat with the remaining fish cakes.
- Brush each cake with 1 tsp of the olive oil, place on a roasting tray and cook for 25 mins, turning halfway through.
- Cook beans in salted boiling water for 3-4 mins, until tender, adding the tomatoes for the final min.
- Drain and toss through the remaining oil, vinegar and reserved chives, mashing the tomatoes lightly with a fork, season with some black pepper and set aside.
- For the poached eggs bring a shallow pan of water to just boiling, stir the water once or twice and crack in the eggs.
- Poach for 3-4 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Serve the fishcakes topped with a poached egg and garnished with the beans and a few wedges of lemon for squeezing over.