Epic summer salad
By Cassie Best (BBC Good Food)
Perfect for BBQs and buffets, this is an assembly job of gorgeous ingredients – no cooking required. Serve it with lamb kebabs for an impressive summer feast.
- 400 gr black beans, drained
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 500 gr heritage tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthways, seeds scooped out and sliced on an angle
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 large red onion, halved and finely sliced
- 6-8 radishes, sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 100 gr feta, crumbled
- handful of herbs (reserved from the dressing)
For the dressing
- large bunch mint
- small bunch coriander
- small bunch basil
- 1 fat green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small garlic clove
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil or rapeseed oil
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- Make the dressing by blending all of the ingredients in a food processor (or very finely chop them), saving a few herb leaves for the salad.
- You can make the dressing up to 24 hrs before serving.
- Scatter the beans and spinach over a large platter. Arrange the tomatoes, cucumber, mango, onion and radishes on top and gently toss together with your hands.
- Top the salad with the avocados, feta and herbs, and serve the dressing on the side.