Crispy cubed roasties with garlic & thyme
By Jenny White (BBC Good Food)
Cut your potatoes smaller so that there’s no need to par-boil to achieve perfectly crispy garlic and thyme flavoured spuds, with fluffy centres.
- 2 kg Maris Piper or baking potatoes
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Put the garlic, thyme and oil in a large roasting tin, and put it in the oven for 5 mins.
- Tip the potatoes into the roasting tin, quickly turn them to coat in the oil, then spread them out in a single layer.
- Season well and roast for 1–11/2 hrs, turning occasionally during cooking, until golden and crispy.