I love the walnut bread, but since I’m in Milan I can not find it anywhere(and if I find it, it is always very expensive). However, I always avoid to buy bread here because I find that I do not particularly like it, and so I prefer to always do it at home.
Also in this case I will not disappoint you, and here is my walnut bread.
- · 500g white flour
- · 300ml milk
- · 20gr olive oil
- · 10g sugar
- · 10gr salt
- · 25gr fresh yeast (or 7 gr powder)
- · 4 spoons walnuts
Process (it is very important to follow this order because yeast and salt do not have to go together):
- Pour the flour into a bowl.
- Heated the milk (it must be warm) and dissolve in it the yeast with the sugar, then pour it on the flour and knead the mixture for a minute or two.
- Now add oil and then salt, then knead with your hands for a long time until the dough becomes elastic.
- Now let the bread rest for an hour covered with a clean cloth and under a warm cover (I usually let it rise under a pile cover)
- Once 1 hour is passed by, you will have to knead it again to stop the rise.
- At this point you can add walnuts while continuing to knead as to distribute them in the dough.
- Cover the bowl again and let rise again for another two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °
- After the two hours we can give the dough a shape. To make small loaves just take small portions of the dough and place them on a baking tray covered with a baking sheet and be sure to leave enough space between them.
- Let rise for another hour.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (depending on the color which will take the crust. You can evaluate yourselves when to bring out the bread from the oven)
Translated by Gustose traduizioni
Sito italiano: http://gustosetraduizioni.altervista.org/
In English: http://gustosetraduizioni.altervista.org/tastytranslations.html